Lincolnshire Prescribing and Clinical Effectiveness Forum (PACEF) is a strategic advisory network.
PACEF has the responsibility for ensuring the cost-effective use of medicines and other healthcare interventions and their functional integration into healthcare delivery across Lincolnshire.
Representation on the group is comprised of leading professionals from each of the Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Groups, the local Acute Trusts (United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust and Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust), Lincolnshire Community Health Services and Lincolnshire County Council.
Current PACE Bulletins - 2019
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 1
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 2 (Prescribing Advice for Blood Glucose test strips)
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 3
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 4
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 5 (Prescribing Advice for COPD)
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 6
- PACE bulletin Vol 13 No 7 (Prescribing Advice for Lidocaine plasters)
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 8 (Prescribing Advice for Melatonin)
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 9
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 10 (Prescribing Advice for DOACs)
- PACE Bulletin Vol 13 No 11 (Prescribing Advice for Pen Needles )
At present the Lincolnshire Care Provider teams are reviewing and updating all outdated Shared Care Guidelines and the PACEF website will reflect these changes by gradually uploading the new documents as soon as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience due to this matter.
Current Shared Care Guidances:
|ADHD with letters Sept 2019-2022|
|Azathioprine Marcaptopurine for Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Sept 2019 - Sept 2022|
|Sleep disorders in children Melatonin Sept 2019 - 2021|
To be approved by PACEF:
Under Service review:
Traffic Light List
The traffic light list has moved and is now incorporated into the Lincolnshire Joint Formulary.
Please click on the link http://www.lincolnshirejointformulary.nhs.uk/
The formulary site has the advantages of being fully searchable, lists all traffic light drugs ( RED/RED,RED, AMBER 1 and 2 and GREEN), contains additional prescribing advice and links to shared care protocols and PACE bulletins where appropriate.
- Policy on The Development of Standard Operating Procedures April 2017
- Non Medical Prescribing Policy January 2019
- Non - Medical Prescriber Database form February 19
- Prescribing, Supply, Storage & Disposal of Controlled Drugs in Primary Care June 2019
- Safe and Secure Handling of Medicines March 2017 - March 2019 - currently under review
- WM Formulary final March 2019/21
- Ciclosporin Eye Drops Information Sheet
- Continence Products Formulary 2017
- FODMAP Guidance
- Antimicrobial guidelines for adults
- PACEF Lincolnshire Primary Care - Quick Guide to selecting inhalers for COPD patients
Non-Formulary (Red Red) medicine prescribing
Red/Red Product recommendation list - currently under review
Infant Feeding Formulary
Antibacterial Prescribing Guidance
Lincolnshire Joint Formulary
All of the Lincolnshire CCGs, Acute Trusts and Lincolnshire Community Health Services operate a single joint formulary that can be accessed from: