NHS Lincolnshire CCG Launches DIP UTI Service in Community Pharmacy
Dip UTI Pilot - New Diagnose and Treat Service
NHS Lincolnshire CCG has partnered with Healthy.io to pilot a UTI test and treat service in community pharmacy. This will reduce the need for patients to book primary care appointments for simple UTIs. The Dip UTI service is available in Lincolnshire Co-operative Pharmacies and provides eligible patients with a free urine test kit to take home and an app to download onto their phone which will guide patients through the testing process. The app uses the smartphone’s camera to deliver clinical-grade results in less than 5 minutes. Patients can then share their results with a Co-op pharmacist to receive the appropriate care, including antibiotics if needed, via a Patient Group Direction (PGD).
The Dip UTI pilot starts on Monday 6th September in Lincolnshire Co-operative Pharmacies. Please mention the service to patients calling your practice with simple UTIs as they may wish to visit their local Co-op Pharmacy instead of booking a primary care appointment.
Benefits of the service:
- Better care for patients - immediate solution to treat UTI without the need to book a primary care appointment.
- Helps alleviate pressure on primary care.
- Patients can be referred as part of the GP Community Pharmacy Consultation Service (GP CPCS).
- The antibiotics included on the PGD are in line with the Lincolnshire Joint Formulary.
Please notice that the service is intended for simple UTIs, and therefore fits women aged 16-64 who*:
- Are not pregnant
- Do not suffer from recurring UTIs
- Do not suffer from diabetes
- Do not have visible blood in their urine
- Do not have fever or flu-like symptoms
- Do not have a catheter
*this list is not exclusive. For full list of exclusion criteria please refer to the service Patient Group Direction (PGD).
For more information, please see the attached leaflets
OptimiseRx: On Demand Training
OptimiseRx have launched a 20 minute on-demand webinar for new GPs and prescribers joining PCN and practice teams.
The webinar will:
- Demonstrate the types of OptimiseRx messages that will appear within the clinical system
- Provide background behind our clinical content and message creation process
- Look at how OptimiseRx can support your job role within PCN and practices
To access the webinar, please follow the link; https://www.bigmarker.com/first-databank-uk/Introduction-to-FDB-OptimiseRx